gams 3 column

Monday, July 18, 2011

Dress everything up

Everyone knows about my initial addiction.  All you have to do is glance through my blog and find that Cs are everywhere in my house.  So when I saw a monogrammed knife block on Pinterest, I was hooked.  I started by removing the KitchenAid emblem from the front of the block.  I sanded the entire block and wiped it clean.  Next, the knife block received several coats of black spray paint.  To prevent spray paint from entering the knife slots, I placed post its in the slots.  After letting it dry, I sanded the edges.  Lastly I traced and painted a C on the front on the knife block.  Now I have another C in the house (I am closing in on 60 Cs).

 
Have a sweet day!!


Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party












Strictly Homemade Tuesday







Organize and Decorate Everything

6 comments:

  1. I love that you painted it black! By the way, I featured you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT IDEA!! I just figured out how to use vinyl with my Silhouette anf I am hooked!! I think my knife set is going to get an update. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing this at Strictly Homemade Tuesday. Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see more of your creativity this weekend! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60? how fun! good thinking on keeping the paint out of the holes.

    thanks for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete