gams 3 column

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Beautiful

Everybody needs a patriotic wreath.  As always, I saw one made on another blog and can't remember the blog name. 

Supplies
  -cardboard
  -clothespins (about 100)
  -hot glue gun
  -any decorating accessories


Trace a circle onto your cardboard, I used a large mixing bowl as my template.  Then cut out your cicrle.  I used the next size down mixing bowl to trace another circle.  This created a cardboard "halo" piece.  Next begin the glue your clothespins onto the carboard.

After completing the entire circle, I gave the clothespins a clear coat.  I wanted a bit of shine.  I then added some red, white, and blue flowers to the bottom portion.  And finally I hung the wreath with a red and white gingham ribbon.


I think the wreath would be nice for any spring/summer holiday. You could add Easter eggs, fabric flowers, back to school accessories, etc.

Have a sweet day!



NightOwlCrafting











Beyond The Picket Fence







Catch a Glimpse Button




http://www.lilluna.com/

10 comments:

  1. Super cute!!!! and looks somewhat easy and thrifty.
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your Patriotic Wreath. I'm in love with red-white-and-blue, and I love the look of those clothespins - so homey! I'm a new follower! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally cute!! I love clothes pins. I don't know why but I do :P

    Check out my 4th wreath:
    http://foundintheali.blogspot.com/2011/06/4th-of-july-wreath_20.html

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Jenn! Love it! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and clever. I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and posting a comment. I really do appreciate it, also thanks for being a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know now what I'm going to do with that bag of clothespins sitting in my craft room! Great idea! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! thanks for sharing! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little wreath. I've seen these done in the laundry room, but never on a front door--what a fabulous idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete